“Trick or treat!” That’s the phrase shouted door to door throughout the neighborhood every Halloween night. But before your ghosts and goblins trick or treat this year, parents should keep in mind these trick or treating safety tips to make sure the only howls are those of fun.
- Always set rules for the night out and make sure each of your children understand them thoroughly.
- Make sure your children are accompanied by an adult (if very young) or are walking in groups of 4 or more.
- Check all flashlight batteries just before they leave and send an extra set with the oldest child.
- Set a return time, if possible give them a watch or cell phone with an alarm on it set to a few minutes before that time.
- Make sure that at least one person in the group has a fully charged cell phone for emergencies.
- Put reflective tape on their costumes, as many are dark or have a lot of black in them.
- Instruct them not to eat any candy until they’ve come home and you have inspected it.
- Make sure they know not to enter any house and only accept the treats at the doorway.
- Give them street boundaries for their route and drive it with them a few days before they go out.
- Instruct them to walk on the sidewalk at all times and to not cut across yards or take shortcuts.
- Do not let them run. Yard props and darkness make it easy to trip, fall and cause injuries.
- For small children, make sure they hold your hand at all times and walk to the front doors with them.
- Dress them in layers, as the temperatures can drop fast.
- Make sure your children’s costumes are not dragging on the ground, making it easy for them to trip and fall.
- Carry bandages (for falls), tape (for costume rips), umbrellas and a spare candy bag, in case one breaks.
So there you have the details for having a happy and safe Halloween. Here is my little treat to you staring me and my son!
No related posts.
TagsBank Owned Bellevue Business Directory Community eastside estate Financing Real Estate GREEN home Home Buyers home buyers homes home sales Home Search Home Sellers Homes for Sale Home Values Issaquah Kirkland Lakemont Lifestyle market Market Data market update median Mortgage Newsletter real real estate Real Estate realtor Redmond report sales Sammamish Seattle statistics stats Tips To-Do Uncategorized values wa washington Weekly Reports